Many people don’t know that Amazon.com frequently has coupon code discounts. Amazon typically calls their coupon codes promotional codes or sometimes even promotional offer (“offer”) claim codes.
When using Amazon promotional claim codes, though, there are a few general things to be aware of to ensure a smooth transaction and to receive your full discount. At your Amazon shopping cart’s checkout, enter the promotional claim code and click the “Apply” button (see illustration). Any eligible discount or savings will be deducted from your order total. Unless noted otherwise, the Amazon.com promotional claim codes listed on our site expire at 11:59 p.m. PDT on the date indicated. They also must be redeemed online through the shopping cart and may not be redeemed using Amazon.com’s 1-Click ordering system.
Amazon also has a number of general guidelines relating to their promotional codes — please note that anything in this article may change and might not apply to future promotions at Amazon.com or other Amazon properties. Common Amazon promotion code guidelines include the general terms and conditions listed below (please review the specifics for each Amazon offer on their product detail page when available):
- Each Amazon promotional claim code can only be used once and there is a redemption limit of once for each promotional offer per household.
- Promotional offers can only be redeemed online at Amazon.com.
- Offers only apply to the purchase of products sold by Amazon.com where Amazon is the seller.
- Amazon offer codes do not apply to third-party products sold by Amazon — including products sold through “third-party areas such as Amazon Marketplace, Auctions, or zShops.”
- Amazon.com promotional offers cannot be redeemed at Amazon.ca, Amazon.co.uk, Amazon.de, Amazon.fr, Amazon.co.jp, or any other Web site operated by Amazon.com, its affiliates, or third-party merchants.
- Amazon’s promotional offers do not apply to special-order books, e-books and downloadable content as well as gift certificates, gift-wrap, taxes and shipping and handling charges.
- An Amazon promotion discount applies only to eligible items. Amazon identifies qualifying items with a promotional offer message on their product information page — if there is no offer message shown means the product is not eligible for a discount.
- Each promotional offer is valid for a limited time only and expires on a specific date. Please note that qualifying items placed in the Amazon.com shopping cart and showing a discount today may be ineligible for that discount in the future.
- Promotional offers cannot be sold or redeemed for cash.
- Promotional offers cannot be used on previously placed Amazon.com orders.
- Offer discounts are only good while supplies last — no substitutions or rain checks are provided by Amazon.com.
- All offers are void where prohibited by law.
Please note that some items have a minimum purchase requirement specified by Amazon.com. In those cases, taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply toward that minimum amount. Likewise, a promotional offer discount applies to only one order when there are separate orders shipped to multiple addresses.
In certain cases Amazon promotional offer discounts may not be combined with other similar offers within the same order. Usually only one promotional claim code may be activated per order — there are sometimes exceptions to this one offer code per order guideline, though, so read the details for each individual offer carefully.
Please also note that if you return anything purchased using an Amazon promotional claim code you won’t be refunded for the discount amount. Returns can also impact minimum purchase requirements so note those things carefully when planning your order.